6 Silk Carnation Faux Flower Bouquet
These Silk Carnation Faux Flower Bouquet designs are available in 8 colour variants.
These Carnation Faux Flower Bouquets are simulated off the Dianthus Caryophyllus, commonly known as the Carnation or Clove Pink, is a species of Dianthus.
Designed with 5 stems with 6 Carnations flowers and simulated green leave foliage. Each Carnation Bouquet is approximately 60cm’s in length + Carnation Flowers approx. Ø 2.5cm to Ø 5cm in diameter.
Colours available are Red, Rose Red, Green, Dark Pink, Purple White, Yellow, White, and Light Pink.
Each Carnation colour has its own symbolic representation.
- The most popular Carnation colours are the Red’s and Pink’s which is symbolic of Happiness, Love, Grace, Respect and Admiration.
- Yellow Carnations are also symbolic of Happiness, Joy and Friendship.
- Purple/White Carnations which are more of a Royal colour tend to symbolize adoration and admiration
- And the White Carnations mostly a meaning of sympathy for bereavement. The colour symbolizes purity and innocence plus is perfect as an anniversary bouquet to a loved one.
- Read more on Flower Colour Meaning and Symbolisation Guide.
Carnations were mentioned in Greek literature 2,000 years ago. The term Dianthus was coined by Greek botanist Theophrastus, and is derived from the Ancient Greek words for divine (“Dios”) and flower (“Anthos”). The name “Carnation” is believed to come from the Latin corona-ae, a “wreath, garland, chaplet, crown”, as it was one of the flowers used in Greek and Roman ceremonial crowns, or possibly from the Latin caro (genitive carnis), “flesh”, which refers to the natural colour of the flower, or in Christian iconography incarnatio, “incarnation“, God made flesh in the form of Jesus.
The legend that explains the name is that Diana the Goddess came upon the shepherd boy and took a liking to him. But the boy, for some reason, turned her down. Diana ripped out his eyes and threw them to the ground where they sprouted into the dianthus flower.
Although originally applied to the species Dianthus Caryophyllus, the name carnation is also often applied to some of the other species of Dianthus, and more particularly to garden hybrids between D. Caryophyllus and other species in the genus.
For the Do-It-Yourselfers,
This carnation bouquet can be cut, bend or prune to create your desired floral design or arrangements decor that suits and fits perfectly for your cemetery arrangement styling or any other design you may have in mind.
Product Pack sold as: 1pc, 5 stem Bouquet with 6 Carnation Flowers Carnation approximately Ø 5cm larger flower to Ø 2.5cm in diameter for the smaller Carnations.